Reporting Identity Theft to U.S. Postal Inspectors

Identity theft victims are often required to obtain a police report in order to help prove they really are victims of identity theft. A problem is that some police departments will not take such reports and the great majority never take any action to solve the crime. A better alternative is to register a complaint with the U.S. Post Inspectors. The U.S. Postal Inspectors have agents throughout the country and are far more interested in helping victims and investigating the thefts than local police departments. Their website is set up to allow victims to report online. Once the form is...



  • 4104 24th Street
    San Fransisco, CA 94114
  • (415) 321-9655